So you want to activate YouTube and set it up on your Smart TV, PlayStation, Roku, or Apple TV?
I had a bit of trouble the first time around but here are the steps that worked for me.
You have to use youtube.com/activate along with the activation code that you get from your device.
- To begin we need to open a browser on our desktop and go to www.youtube.com/activate
- Sign in with the Google account associated with your YouTube account.
- Then, open the YouTube app on the device that you want to set up (Roku, Xbox, Samsung TVs, etc)
- Click on the gear icon within the YouTube app or click on the sign-in option.
- Sign in with the same Google account as above (if needed).
- You should get an 8 digit code. Use this code to activate YouTube using the webpage in the previous steps.
- Enter the code and click continue to allow access.
That’s it! You can now use YouTube on your device to browse your playlists, favorite music videos and more.
Youtube app on a TV
And what if you want to activate your Youtube app on a smart TV? Well, the steps are similar to above but I outline them below so that you know how to activate the YouTube app on your TV:
- Go to Sign in on the YouTube app on your TV.
- On another device (desktop or mobile), go to youtube.com/activate
- Sign in with your Google account.
- Type in the code from your TV.
When I used Google Chrome, I noticed that the activation code didn’t work. If you run into trouble such as redirect loops (on Chrome), you may need to clear Chrome’s cache.