I have to reset my Roku now and then when it acts up. For example when it starts freezing up or restarting.
There are two things that you can do. You can do a soft reset or a hard reset.
By resetting your Roku device, you can solve problems like freezing or random restarts.
There are two options: a soft reset or a hard reset. Normally, when I soft reset my Roku player is clears up minor issues like random freezing.
When things get really bad I do a hard reset and set it back to the factory default configuration.
- Get your Roku remote
- Press “Home” 5 times
- Up one time
- Rewind 2 times
- Fast Forward 2 times
- On the Home screen
- Select “Settings.”
- Then, select “System.”
- From there, select “Power.”
- Lastly, choose “System restart.”
- Find the “Reset” button on the back or bottom of the device.
- Some models will require a paperclip to press the button.
- Press and hold the button for about 2 seconds.
- The Roku device ought to restart after 2 seconds.
- Open the Home Screen
- Go to “Settings.”
- From here, open “System.”
- Then, select “Advanced system settings.”
- Choose the option that reads “Factory reset.”
- Open “Settings.”
- Select “Factory Reset.”
- Choose “Factory reset.”
- Now, hit Yes.
- Detach all cables except the Power cord.
- Press and hold the “Reset” button on the back or bottom of the device for about 20 seconds.
- Some models require a paper clip to push the button.
- Continue to hold the “Reset” button.
- Remove the Power cord from the back of the unit.
- Release the “Reset” button, then plug all of the cords back into the device.