I don’t like the fact that Google is always listening to me. So, the first thing I do when I get a new Android phone is to say “OK Google Stop”.
In other words, I turn off OK Google. And, you can too. Watch the short video below or check out the two methods I use to disable Google Now/Google Assistant.
OK Google Stop
- Open the Google App.
- In the upper left-hand corner, tap the menu icon (hamburger icon).
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll downward. Stop when you see Search -> Voice.
- Tap on Voice.
- Select the “Ok Google” Detection.
- Toggle the switch next to Say “Ok Google” anytime.
Disable OK Google Method 2
- Go to Settings.
- Tap the General tab.
- Under “Personal“ go to “Language and Input”.
- Find “Google voice typing“ and tap the Settings button (cog icon).
- Tap “Ok Google“ Detection.
- Under the “From the Google app” option, move the slider to the left.