Google assistant is useful for finding answers and information quickly. However, you may want to disable the feature on your Android device for privacy or other reasons. Here’s how to tell Google to stop listening for OK Google.
OK Google Stop
- Open the Google App.
- In the upper left-hand corner, tap the menu icon (hamburger icon).
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll downward. Stop when you see Search -> Voice.
- Tap on Voice.
- Select the “Ok Google” Detection.
- Toggle the switch next to Say “Ok Google” anytime.
Disable OK Google Method 2
- Go to Settings.
- Tap the General tab.
- Under “Personal“ go to “Language and Input”.
- Find “Google voice typing“ and tap the Settings button (cog icon).
- Tap “Ok Google“ Detection.
- Under the “From the Google app” option, move the slider to the left.